Friday, November 24, 2023

FRAYED GUIDANCE

  


"No fatigue, nor disease, nor anxiety, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."



     I thought to myself "This week will be GREAT!" without really knowing the fact that it would not.


    It was a noisy but refreshing Sunday. I ate little bit of everything. Gosh my room was a mess. Everything was everywhere without an order. I accepted the advice of my mom about going to my older sister's house with my mom and my niece. Her house located at rich parts of the city. I love that place since I knew its people and their modern mindset. I quickly cleaned my entire room and started to wait them at the outside of our building. Rain and the cold weather was just the way I loved. I quickly lost myself in my thoughts. That wasn't funny thing at all so I picked up my phone to watch some TikToks. I was still in the preparation era of my life so videos about character development can make somebody bored if a one watches too many of them. After an hour and a half, they have finally showed up and in a matter of seconds, we were on the way.


    Oh I've missed my sister's beloved cat. It's so friendly and with %0 percent of anger issues. It's just a fluffy cloud of cuteness. We had such an amazing dinner that I can't forget even now. Then my little family shocked me with a surprisingly and beautifully hand-made Birthday cake. I was such a mess and exhausted because of all the shit in my life that I haven't realized the surprise.(I had been always figuring out the surprise from clues of their movements, talks etc.) They even bought gifts for me. I didn't asked! They thought of it. I was having an absolute joy and happiness from this but unfortunately I didn't know how to react to a such pure thing: I fake-smiled.


    Couple days passed with joyful activities and lots of love and now we're on the Wednesday and Thursday which were the days of critical times for my job. My team has 3+1 players and one of them is a team leader which means he don't do our jobs but battling with bigger problems. From other 3 of the players had to take a break from work for 2 days and as you can guess, those 2 days were Wednesday and Thursday which means me and my work friend had to split the days between us because the team player was on call this week and somebody had to fill the gaps.

    First day was pretty bad and intense but thankfully my work friend was on call. I wouldn't pick the Wednesday since it was my birthday. There were lots of work to do and so many people was expecting a helping hand from us. Wednesday was full of stress and exhaustion but it was nothing compared to the next day. 

   Thursday, I was on call. I had to take a critical actions in the morning and afternoon. Those actions were successful. Works and issues were piling up and among all the work, me and my work buddy had to test a code which supposed to work on Linux systems but with all the caution and care, the code affected the system itself. This was bad because our company were right on the important sale week. We quickly took an action and stopped the code. Then we began to restore the system back to its healthy state. Blackout was only about 10 minutes but this failed code brought us vast consequences which would last more than just 10 minutes... All the important and high-salary filled people started to show-up on our meeting. I was there just for about 8 minutes before other half of my team showed up. In these first 8 minutes, I had exposed to lots of anger and disappointment. Against all the bad things, I tried to be cold-blooded. Then my team came to the meeting and took the lead. I was feeling so embarrassed and powerless. My microphone was on mute. Yet I started to cry silently. I was so hard on myself about doing and learning everything perfectly that this huge mistake became difficult to digest. Suddenly I was wondering about when this meeting would end because with all the extra work and people's effort to map the damage that I and my work-friend had caused made the meeting longer and longer. After the meeting, out team leader wanted to know the truth so he could protect us against additional harms. We told them everything from the start to end. This was not only my and my work buddy's fault because other people from other tech teams had lack of knowledge about that code sample. To make it worse, Thursday was the day our team lead was switching teams with someone else. This was also hard. I was so exhausted and emotionally drained that even the smallest work was like a vast critical issue for me. Thursday was arduous to finish. After my shift, I've fallen asleep but 30 minutes later, people from other teams called me to come to a meeting where there were lots of company and bank employees. There was a planned maintenance and I was on call that day. I had to be there for two hours. I was like a living dead. I was not in peace.

   When I woke up in the morning, I prayed to Allah for the ease. Because Friday must be lighter or else my energy would completely go off. Luckily, workload and awaiting works from yesterday was organized and executed well by me. Out team lead was an unexperienced guy who was our friend from work of course. He would learn the team's work from us. I tried to be extra careful. My energy and my mind's agility on thinking systematically were at the sky! I hadn't slept that much at night! This was clearly an ease/help from Allah. Alhamdulillah. Later that day, our old team lead made a huge mistake. Mistake was just like my mistake but bigger and more impactful. Our managers were furious. I don't know what kind of a teaching or a lesson I must learn from that. But anyways, my mistake was forgotten because of the new and more impactful mistake. Also the issues and works that I processed at that day was on point and some of them even took compliments from other teams. One day ago, I was at the depths of sadness, one day later, I was at the top of my game. This is insane and Allah's plan was hidden during all this timeline. 


   All the praise belongs to Allah. I'm happy and peaceful because Allah answered my prayer and helped me. In spite of the fact that I have the energy to write these down, I'm still exhausted. I guess I will celebrate these events at weekend.


    Life is really full of surprises... ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment

ECLIPSE THRESHOLD 3 - SHATTERED CHAIN

" Benim suyum çok ısındı hatta kaynamaya bile başladı. Babamın bir şeye sinirlendiğinde bardağı mermere vuruşundan tutta kapıları sertç...